Just like seat-belts in your vehicle, antivirus is just one part of computer and on-line security. Can a seat-belt make the difference between life and death in an accident? Absolutely, but not always. Similarly, an antivirus will not always stop an attack or infection, but it is the last line of defense. Most business networks will implement different security measures, but they generally include the following components:
- Secure authentication and access (password, fob, etc.)
- Periodic password changes
- Hardware based firewall (SonicWall)
- Regular updates to Windows and programs
- Antivirus program
- Site and Spam filters (blocks known infected sites and email spammers)
- Permissions or rules for installing programs (Group Policy, AppLocker)
- Authenticated access for network or server resources
- Regular system and data backup
- Educating users on secure practices
Using a computer with all the above measures, but not having an antivirus program, would be like driving a car without a seat-belt. You might get by for a long time if you’re careful, but is it worth the risk? We are experts, we can design and implement security measures that work for you.
Call us today!